ADA Accessibility Tool
Your Practice is ADA Compliant – Make Your Website Accessible Too!
Make your website user-friendly for all visitors with our ADA accessibility products. The reality is that the internet was not created for those with special needs. But when you have a website that is ADA-friendly, operations are more inclusive and apt to accommodate all patients.
A website is an investment. As your medical website design firm, iHealthSpot (now a part of Medical Advantage) knows what a labor of love it is to build a website that lives up to user expectations. With ADA accessibility, you get more mileage with your website when everyone can use it. 1 in 4 adults in the US have a disability. And with guidelines set by the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) now including the web, it is important your website meet the standards in place for accessibility.
ADA accessibility is also a financially wise decision. ADA accessibility can help secure funding for certain contracts, and some governmental programs. Your practice may also qualify for up to $5,000 in tax credit for removing access barriers from your website.
Who ADA Accommodation Serves:
When it comes to those the ADA advocates for, special needs are on a spectrum.
- Blind & Visually Impaired - Vision impairment ranges from some level of difficulty to full blindness. Screen readers and interface adjustments allow the blind or visually impaired to use your website. Our tool even includes a special font for those with dyslexia.
- Mobility Impaired – Not everyone can use a mouse. Our tool allows users to navigate the website with just a keyboard.
- Situational Disabilities – Short term disabilities such as light sensitivity or hand injuries make it difficult for people to use electronic devices. Our tools also serve the temporarily impaired.
- Elderly – As we age, everyday tasks start to become challenging. Things become harder to read and we develop cognitive issues. Our tools accommodate an ageing public with ways to make the screen easier to read and follow.
Transform Your Website into an ADA-Accessible One
With ADA-accessibility tools, all users have at their disposal the following essential functions:
- Read the screen.
- Adjust the contrast.
- Enable smart contrast.
- Highlight links.
- Enlarge the text.
- Enable text spacing.
- Pause animation.
- Dyslexic font.
- Resize the cursor.
- Adjust alignment.
Our ADA Accessibility kit includes:
- Basic Accessibility Widget.
- AI-Powered Accessibility Widget (optional).
- Accessibility Statement.
The Basic Accessibility Widget – What’s Included?
The basic accessibility widget is a self-serve feature that expands as an overlay on a website. With this tool, users with special needs can:
- Adjust text size.
- Adjust text spacing.
- Enlarge cursor.
- Highlight any links.
- Pause animations.
- Select light contrast.
- Select dark contrast.
- Invert colors.
- Desaturate colors on screen.
- View tooltips.
- Use a reading guide.
- Have accessible or Dyslexia-friendly fonts.
- Display page structure.
- Reset all option.
- Use the screen reader.
- Navigate page by keyboard.
AI-Powered Accessibility Widget – What’s Included?
This AI-powered tool picks up where the basic widget leaves off by making backend and frontend remediations. With further adjustments, your website better aligns with ADA objectives. The following page aspects are remedied by this advanced tool:
- Image alts
- Form labels
- Dictionary inclusion
- Form validation
- Interactive elements
- No auto-play videos
- External link targets
- Ambiguous links
- Broken links
- Video captions
- Duplicate IDs
- Empty IDs
- Missing titles
- Focus style
- Site language
- PDF documents access
- Content Moderator (automated monitoring for offensive, harassing, and racist language).
Your Accessibility Statement Done for You
When a website’s owner implements ADA accommodation remedies, it is standard practice to publish an accessibility statement on the website. This statement communicates the status of the website’s accessibility and details what improvements have been made to assist those with special needs. It may also share plans for future accessibility updates.
Accessibility statements exist to explain to visitors to what extent the features of your site are accessible. If access barriers or other violations are still present, this statement provides direction on alternative ways users can gain access.
Because we are your full-service medical website agency, we will produce and publish this accessibility statement for you. To see an example of an accessibility statement, click here to see ours.
With 61 million people in the United States living with a disability, a lack of assistive technology and other digital accommodations impacts their daily lives. Ensure inclusivity and equal access to your website by making the effort to be ADA accessible!
Learn How to Make Your Medical Website Accessible
Learn more now about how to get an accessible website with iHealthSpot (now a part of Medical Advantage). Call us today at 877-709-0999, or complete our online form.