What a Physician’s Website in 2019 Must Have
It’s not enough anymore to be the best physician in your field – even if you have patients and peers who can vouch for it. In this crazy, fast-paced internet-driven world, you also need to stand out from the crowd online.
And that means a medical website design that first and foremost appears in search and then identifies your special strengths and expertise – and explains why you are an exceptional healthcare provider. All of this will make it easy for potential patients to find and choose you.
Standing Out in a Crowded Medical Marketplace
For patients, healthcare choices in 2019 abound. There are more physicians than ever before to choose from on the web, and new medical business models are popping up that promise quicker and more convenient healthcare than traditional models provide. These include specialized urgent care facilities, telehealth options, and VIP- or membership-based practices (concierge medicine) in which convenience and personalized service are the top concerns.
In this highly competitive medical marketplace, identifying your unique value is key – as is getting that information in front of the right type of patient. This is where your healthcare website comes in.
In the world of medical website design, one size does not fit all. Whether you are redesigning an existing website or striking out on your own and require a brand-new site, make sure you hire digital marketing professionals who have been building effective websites for doctors for years. These are the pros who can help potential patients see you at your very best.
Once you have found a healthcare website design company you trust to deliver your optimized online presence, you’ll want to get down to the nitty-gritty of what will help you stand out so you can grow your practice.
Essentials for Medical Websites in 2019
There are several factors that should be integrated into any successful medical website design, such as ensuring that your website is:
- Likely to show up in search results. The bottom line is that a top-notch medical website design can get you halfway there. To be successful in the competitive health care environment of 2019 and beyond, your website also needs to incorporate effective search engine optimization (SEO). There is no shortcut to healthcare SEO; it is an ongoing effort to optimize your website for the types of keywords you are showing up for in Google search results. It is an integrative approach rather than a one-and-done solution. Think of SEO as the proper diet and exercise required to maintain optimum health – in this case, the health of a great website for doctors.
- Adaptable. Mobile-Friendly, responsive design will ensure that no matter what device your website is being viewed on, it will look as good as intended. If your current site was created more than a few years ago, chances are you may require a design update to make it automatically adjust to the screen size, orientation, or browser your website visitors are using. Also, an ADA accessibility tool (per the Americans with Disabilities Act) allows your website, visitors, with visual or other impairments to easily adjust your site according to their needs.
- Secure. SSL protocol – indicated by the “https” (hypertext transfer protocol secure) at the beginning of your website address, or URL – is critical to ensuring that your website has a mandatory baseline of privacy and security. This protocol protects the data being delivered from where it’s stored (the webserver) to where it’s accessed (a web browser). Don’t let anyone design your doctors’ website without SSL technology.
- Convenient for patients. Providing website options such as online bill pay and an appointment request tool can make it easier and less stressful for your patients – as well as helping to streamline your business operations.
- Helpful. The more information your website has, the more valuable your site becomes, resulting in repeat online visitors – and the more streamlined a patient’s office visit can be. Healthcare websites that incorporate strategically placed interactive maps, FAQs, and even patient instructions or billing and insurance policies can lead to more informed, less anxious patients who want you to spend more time on their specific health concerns than administrative issues.
- Trustworthy. You can inspire confidence among new and existing patients alike by giving them access to patient reviews, testimonials, and case studies. In addition to helping build a trusting doctor-patient relationship, this type of feedback can ensure that any prospective patient is able to learn about you as an individual and be comfortable in scheduling an appointment.
Now that we’re two decades into the 21st century, isn’t it time you updated your medical website design? Contact digital marketing professionals who know how to ensure that websites for doctors are effective and generating new patients for you. Call our team at iHealthSpot Interactive today at (877) 709-0999 to find out more!